Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Dreams are Funny Things

Hello, fellow-bloggers! I sit here eating a bowl of cereal counting down the minutes until I actually have to get up and get ready for school -- your last day of school for the quarter -- and realize that my heart is still pounding from the dream I left fifteen minutes ago.

Having dedicated much of my life to dance, I still have dreams that I am about to perform and I cannot remember the dance, or in this case, I never learned the dance and have about five minutes to do so. The funny thing is that I put so much energy into learning the dance, that when I wake up, I almost always remember at least three eight-counts.

Wait-1-2-3-4, right arm swoop/left leg p-k/lean right 5-6 ... yikes. I'm sure this type of dream isn't a burden for only dancers. Many of you spend your time working hard to accomplish things you strive for, and I'm pleased to hear about them in your blogs and hope you continue to post about what is important to you.

Ok. I am running out of time, and you all are anxious to get on with your assignment for fall break. At the beginning of October, I posted about an article I listened to on NPR about immigration laws in Alabama. While I found the article interesting, I also commented on the way NPR found and used sources from various backgrounds, which fits nicely into our conversation for the past few days.

Please read my post on immigration and reflect on it. However, instead of merely spitting back a few opinions, I want you to think about or search for news stories that you have found interesting or who uses a variety of sources to present factual and unbiased news.

I hope you all enjoy your five-day weekend! Happy blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment