Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fun Features For You (I can't help the alliterations!)



Hello, student-bloggers! I'm so happy with how our blogging experience went today that I want you guys to play around a bit more tomorrow -- share some videos (school appropriate, of course) or Web pages you guys like to view.

I received quite a few questions today about how frequently you will be expected to blog and what sort of content I am looking for.

For the time being, I would like you to blog once a week, and I will try to give you time in class to do so, but we have only nine functioning computers in our journalism lab so you will be expected to do some reflecting outside of class.

For your first blogging assignment (due Tuesday, Oct. 18), please write an explanation of your blog. What does your title mean? Are you hesitant to share your words online? What is your favorite thing to write about or discuss in class? What do you like or dislike about blogging/reflecting?

Remember: All posts and comments must be school appropriate. No swearing. No hurtful comments (even if you are joking -- sarcasm doesn't travel well through text). I have high expectations for you guys, and I know you can all be mature about your reflections and the content you share with your classmates.

Because you guys will be searching videos and what-not to share, I thought I'd post a video of one of my favorite groups to show you how your reflections should look.

This video of Bon Iver is a little grainy, but so amazing I can hardly stand it -- I listened to this seven times in a row the day it was sent to me.

The group, who is from Wisconsin, is performing the song "For Emma, Forever Ago" from the album by the same name while standing in a random hallway in Paris before a show. I love when the camera slowly turns from the band and scans a crowd of Parisians who appear to be stunned by an impromptu a cappella performance.

I went to their concert in Omaha in September with one of my great friends, and we had a blast. The entire audience was in a trance with their performance. It was so tranquil and yet somehow energizing at the same time. That was the second time I've seen them live and can't wait for round three.

No comments:

Post a Comment