Monday, October 31, 2011

What can you do with a sentimental heart?

A short and sweet post to help you blog about your weekend.

This weekend was filled with heartache as I put a period at the end of my stay at Lenox Village Apartments, said goodbye to my little kitty, and revisited and reminisced about my alma mater with college friends.

I've always been a person who grieves the loss of time or moments after they've passed. I can honestly remember being sad when 1996 ended (it was a good year what with the Magnificent Seven winning the Olympic Gold Medal and all -- plus, I got a bowl cut shortly into 1997 because I refused to let people brush my hair, but that's beside the point).
For all of you young folks:
My bowl cut (Thanks, Isaiah, for pointing out I had the wrong
 version of "bowl" on this for a month! You keep me on
my toes!) was referred to as the Amanda
Borden (far left); my sisters and I named
our dog Mochie (real name Dominique)
after Dominique Moceanu (third from right).

I've also been oddly attached to animals, especially animals I take care of. So giving Kitty to Ms. Wilbers -- even though I know he/she will be very happy there -- was hard. I cried most of the way from Lincoln to Beatrice Sunday night in anticipation of giving her/him up.

But, I have to be a big girl. I am in no position to have a cat because I have no idea what the future is going to hold for me. I'm ready to begin the ellipsis portion of my life. Decided what my future holds. Take whatever opportunity is tossed my way.

I leave you with this lovely song by She and Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment